More Exhaust :) -- clamping vs. welding (MGB)

To: <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: More Exhaust :) -- clamping vs. welding (MGB)
From: "Dan Ray" <danray@bluegrass.net>
Date: Tue, 21 Apr 1998 18:18:47 -0500
Anyone out there put an exhaust together sans welding? I know it's possible.
I want to clamp the pieces together, with NO welding, so I can replace parts
without cutting AND do it myself! (and easily adjust or remove for warranty
if leaks spring anywhere)
Lindsay Porter seems to have done it on his example B (with a Falcon s/s),
and suggests an "exhaust jointing paste" to seal the joints.
Any advice appreciated. Now I'm going out to try turning those manifold
nuts! (cross your fingers or pray or do a sacred Lucas dance for me ,
whichever fits) I've PBBlasted every day for a week.
Btw, I've counted 7 welds along the entire exhaust pipe of my car -- true
"fix ONLY what's broke" repairs, and most of the leaks are at the welds.
TIA
Dan
'73 B