Rude MGers in Portland, Oregon

To: "'mgs@autox.team.net'" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Rude MGers in Portland, Oregon
From: "Feldman, Jack (Jack)" <jack@lucent.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Apr 1998 10:07:12 -0500
I'm much surprised. My son just moved to Portland (without the lbc which
will come later). Twice he has approached folks driving MGs, and twice
they have replied with a sort answer and driven off. He really isn't
interested in joining the club yet, but a few friendly words would be
nice.

The first time he asked "Is there an MG club in Portland"? There person
answered "yes", and just drove off. The second time he asked '75 or '76,
and got a 76, and the driver drove off.

My experience, having visited him for several days while he was moving,
was that the folks in Portland were friendly, and it took very little to
start a conversation with a stranger. What is it about folks in Portland
that makes MG owners so rude?

Let the flames begin!

Jack