Re: Temp gauge

To: jdubovec@vaxxine.com
Subject: Re: Temp gauge
From: ejrussell@sprynet.com
Date: Wed, 22 Apr 1998 17:25:38 -0700 (PDT)
The temp gauge has an ether bulb. *IF* you can get a bottle of ether, it is
theorectically possible to repair. One has to fill the bulb with ether by
alternatingly warming and cooling the bulb in an ether bath and then soldering
the bulb closed while it is full of liquid ether. Oh, and you have to do it
without anesthetizing yourself!!! If you are really interested in doing it
yourself, I will dig out an old repair book that details the method. I've never
tried it myself.

Eric <ejrussell@sprynet.com>

<copy>
From: "Joe Dubovec" <jdubovec@vaxxine.com>
Subject: 61 Midget temp gauge

Can anyone tell me what is in the tube, and the bulb in the rad from the
temp gauge.

Can the temp gauge be repaired?

Has anyone repaired a temp gauge?