Re: Carpet Die or is it Dye

To: "BIDGOOD, ALAN" <BIDGOODA@pab22a.ssd.loral.com>
Subject: Re: Carpet Die or is it Dye
From: Graham McCann <gmccann@pcug.org.au>
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 1998 10:30:32 +1000
At 12:22 pm 22/04/98 -0700, BIDGOOD, ALAN wrote:

>Hi all again,
>
>Just a quick one - has anybody tried using a die on their carpet?
>
>I have just got this '73BGT, and it will need a lot of the carpet
>replacing, however there are some areas, where the black carpet
>has just faided to almost white.  I thought perhaps a die would do
>the trick?
>
>Any tips?, where to get it? etc.
>
>                      Thanks,            Alan B.'

Dead carpet, now there's a worry!!!

Serously, carpet dye works very well.  If it is black carpet it will
eventually again take on that sort of red tinge the sun normally causes.

Give it a try and buy a spray can, it is much cheaper than new carpets.

regards,

Graham
97 MGF

Graham McCann  Rivett, ACT. Australia