FW: Slow start

To: "'MG List'" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: FW: Slow start
From: "BIDGOOD, ALAN" <BIDGOODA@pab22a.ssd.loral.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 1998 09:20:00 -0700

Bruce,

It sounds like your automatic choke, I have a '78 also,
and I was aware mine wasn't working, and always took
a long time to start when I left it for a week or so.

Recently I was rebuilding the carb, and I cleaned and
lubricated the auto choke, and it is now better, but not perfect.
The operation of this autochoke appears to be such that you
must 'kick down' the accelerator before stating to set it.

I did consider converting to a manual choke, but they are
fairly expensive, so I decided to live with it.

Hope this helps,

Alan B.'