Re: Front License Plates on a RBB

To: "Miller, John" <John_Miller@jdedwards.com>
Subject: Re: Front License Plates on a RBB
From: Paul Hunt <paul.hunt1@virgin.net>
Date: Wed, 29 Apr 1998 19:48:35 +0000
Miller, John wrote:

> Now that I've finally got the license plates for my B, my next problem is
> mounting one on the front.  Pennsylvania only had rear plates, but Colorado
> requires front and back.  Could anyone tell me how they are mounted on the
> front of a rubber bumper B?  I'd hate to think you have to drill into the
> rubber to do it.

You should find two mounting holes on the back of the bumper, mounting brackets
and plate
are commonly available in the UK.  The possible disadvantage with the original
location is
that it partially obstructs the airflow through the lower intakes, which is why
some cars
can be found with self-adhesive 'plates' stuck onto the intake.  These are
technically
illegal in the UK as plates 'must be on a flat, vertical surface'.  North
American backing
plates were narrower and taller than UK backing plates according to Clausager.

PaulH.