Off Topic: The Sunbeam that bit me

To: <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Off Topic: The Sunbeam that bit me
From: "Dan Ray" <danray@bluegrass.net>
Date: Wed, 29 Apr 1998 18:49:17 -0500
MG Listers,
This is an adjunct to a thread a few months ago on "first LBCs" (that's
Little British Cars, for my fam)
These LBC stories abound in American autoculture, I'm sure.
This is a story from my brother, Doug, on the Sunbeam Alpine that carried
the infamous LUCAS virus (just a theory of mine) which infected me and not
him, and lay dormant until my 30th birthday. :) I was a little 6 or 7 year
old in Arlington, VA when he had this car! (He's the second youngest, and
we're 11 years apart.)
Dan
>     To danray@bluegrass.net
>     Subject; My little sunbeam
>        It has been a long time since I owned my first and last U.K.
>     auto.She was a `64  sunbeam alpine W/ hardtop that was removable . She
>     was red her top was black which I think was fiberglass.The tail lights
>     were in the rounded on top fins which slanted much like a 57 chevy.
>     The next model year the fins were straight up. I got the car from some
guy in the "landmark" area  off
>     columbia pike across from lake barcroft. I was supposed to pick up the
other one a blue ragtop parts car but never did.
I can almost smell  these cars. Have you ever stuck your head in a car that
had leaks and