Re: Dim Panel Lights

To: larryhoy@mcione.com, jack@lucent.com, paul.hunt1@virgin.net
Subject: Re: Dim Panel Lights
From: DANMAS <DANMAS@aol.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Apr 1998 22:13:47 EDT
In a message dated 4/30/98 10:00:54 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
larryhoy@mcione.com writes:

> So Dan, I suppose when I get these lamps I'll have to take a before and
>  after ambient temperature reading.  If the "behind the dash" area gets too
>  hot maybe I can install the cooling fan from my old computer power
supply???
>  : -)

Larry,

I'm not sure of the internal configuration of the gauges in an MG, but of the
three tachometer and two speedometers I have from TR6s, three of the plastic
coloring lens over the indicating lamps have been melted from the heat of "2.2
watt" bulbs.  These little bulbs do get quite hot, and the heat is confined to
a very small area with no ventilation.  I really would be interested in
hearing about any heat problem you may have, if any.  10% ain't much unless
they are near the limit already, but 45% is a lot.

Dan Masters,
Alcoa, TN

'68 MGBGT---organ donor for the '74