Re: Rechroming

To: "Ben Ruset" <bruset@home.com>, "mgs@autox.team.net" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Rechroming
From: "Andrew B. Lundgren" <lundgren@iname.com>
Date: Mon, 04 May 1998 22:23:58 +0000
On Mon, 04 May 1998 22:58:11 -0400, Ben Ruset wrote:

>Has anyone had any experience rechroming a luggage rack for a B?
>
>About what should I expect to spend? Would it make more sense to just buy a
>new one?
>
>The lid I have now is pitted -- wouldn't look too nice on the new paint I
>have.

I have not recrhromed anything, but I am also considering it.  One thing you
might want to
do is check your local classifieds for a chromer.  I saw one a while a back for
about $300 with all
of the goodies.  Since I don't know what rechroming costs, I had no idea if it
was a good deal or not,
but it seems that if you want to redo the rack and the bumpers that could cost
a few pennies...

Andrew Lundgren
Lundgren@iname.com
http://www.maindrag.com/~lundgren