Oil leak!

To: "'MG List'" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Oil leak!
From: "BIDGOOD, ALAN" <BIDGOODA@pab22a.ssd.loral.com>
Date: Thu, 7 May 1998 11:22:00 -0700
Hi all,

I don't know if any of you remember, but I just recently picked
up a newly purchased 73 BGT a couple of weeks ago.
This car had no oil leaks at that time , much to everyones surprise.
Well I changed all the fluids etc. and you've guessed it I now have
a leak from the tranny.  The original fluid was a typical hypoid 90
type, and I have replaced that with the correct 20/50 motor oil.
It appears to be coming from the rear tranny seal, presumably
because the engine oil is thinner.

How easy is it to change this seal? - and any other comments?
 - I shouldn't go back to the 90wt should I ?

Thanks for any advice on this,
                                                            Alan B.'