Re: 76-B rear end

To: HGlenBetts <HGlenBetts@aol.com>
Subject: Re: 76-B rear end
From: Art Pfenninger <ch155@FreeNet.Buffalo.EDU>
Date: Thu, 7 May 1998 13:24:39 -0400 (EDT)
        I went through the same problem last summer which taught me a hard
lesson, which is check your rear seals often and add oil yearly. To answer
your question no you can not fix it yourself. One book said that even if
you had the equipment without the know how it couldn't be done. You can
use any (tube ?) axle since they all will fit. Where you run into problems
is that the brake line and emergency brake line hook up in different spots
but this should not cause any major problem. I paid about $150 for mine
but I have seen them for $75.What gets expensive would be shipping so I
would try to find one as close as possible. Check the on line ads. Where
do you live?
...Art