Re: lug nuts & spares

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: lug nuts & spares
From: Teacher122 <Teacher122@aol.com>
Date: Thu, 7 May 1998 22:02:38 EDT
In a message dated 98-05-07 00:09:36 EDT, jimbb88@erols.com writes:

<< I stole a trick from the motor cycle crowd &
 hollowed out an old spark plug & prazed it to an air line fitting, added
 some hose & a tire inflator end, & this is what I carry. Just replace a
 sparkplug, & start the motor. It will idle a little rough, but do no
 dammage in the few minutes it takes to fill the tire. After all, all a
 gasoline motor is, is an air pump.

I thought this was a great idea until one remembers that you are putting a
highly combustible air/fuel mixture into the tire.  It will give new meaning
to the words, "I had a blowout."  Just my $.03 worth.

Tom Green