Bulbs - Different Issue

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Bulbs - Different Issue
From: Gary Davis <GDAVIS@ibr6gw80.gp.usbr.gov>
Date: Fri, 08 May 1998 08:10:55 -0600
Greetings . . .

I was changing bulbs in the rear lights last night and noticed that
numbers on the light housing and the bulbs don't jive.  The number P25-1
12V-21W is stamped into the metal on the light housing above the brake
light and the double-filament bulb is stamped P25-2.  The number P25-2
12V-5/21W is stamped into the metal below the turn signal light and the
single-filament bulb is stamped P25-1  12V36,6CP.  Although the bulb and
housing numbers are contradictory, I'm pretty sure I've got them in the
correct locations.  Can someone explain what's going on?

Thanks - Gary Davis '70 MGB GT