RE: Hats/comments

To: "'mgs@autox.team.net'" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: Hats/comments
From: "Feldman, Jack (Jack)" <jack@lucent.com>
Date: Fri, 8 May 1998 09:30:07 -0500
Whew, I just caught up with a week's worth of postings. I like the idea
of the hat although I would like a variation of the Safety Fast design.
The only reason #2 is popular is that it is cleanly done, and doesn't
have things hanging from it. As a ham, I get hats for every occasion
(will be picking up my usual YEASU      hat at Dayton next week), and
work is even worse with hats and mugs given out in celebration anytime a
VP has a thought. However, I think I will throw out most of them for
this one. Its a great idea.

However, some of the suggestions about crapping up this great idea
reminds me of H. L. Menken's comment that "No one ever went broke
underestimating the taste of the American public". This list sure proves
that statement.

What I find interesting is that the characteristics of the MGers and the
Healey owners are vastly different. The Healey is a dream come true and
I love reading their list,  but the MGers are a lot more fun, even if it
is painful to read the garbage that infects the list. It's all done with
great spirit!

Hams have '73', we have Safety Fast, I wonder what I can think up for
the Healey list?

73,

Jack