Voltage leak

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Voltage leak
From: "The Willison's" <willison@recorder.ca>
Date: Sat, 09 May 1998 17:47:28 -0700
I'm seeking help chasing down an electrical leak.  I've narrowed it down
to the alernator, I think, at least when it is unpluged the volts drop
off( I hooked up a volt meter between the bat. and ground with all
switches off). I hooked up the main power lead, only, to the alt. and
the volts are back.  I've been through the alternator and did not find
any obvious shorts. By diconnecting the ground to the voltage regulator
the volts drop. Would this be a bad regulator or am I barking up the
wrong tree.  This alternator is a 18ACR just rebuilt last Fall, in a 75
B. Can't find a circuit diagram of the alternator.

Regards....Frank
63 MGB, 71MGB, 75MGB, 63 Avanti, 24-45 Buick