Opossum Story

To: "mgs@autox.team.net" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>,
Subject: Opossum Story
From: Michael Razor <mrazor@kih.net>
Date: Sat, 09 May 1998 20:30:10 -0400
Slightly different story but does include an MGA.  I am an
Investigator for the state and in the pursuit of my duties I
travel the state quite a bit and also required to carry a
pistol.  I was driving through a rural part of the state and
spotted an MGA sitting in a field in various stages of
decay.   I stopped and asked the owner if I could look it over
and he was proud to show me his restoration project.  I raised
the hood and the first thing I noticed very quickly was this
large and ticked off opossum hissing at me.  My first reaction
was to jump back and draw my weapon of course I dropped the
hood on the opossum's head knocking it for a loop, scared the
owner out of his wits, he was yelling
"don't shoot my car! don't shoot my car!"  (see the car it may
have been an improvement).  Anyway the critter was no longer a
problem, the hood crashing down on it's head was enough to
convince it to leave us alone.
PS went back after three years and the MGA is still sitting in
the same spot, worse condition but I bet the opossum is doing
just fine.
THANKS!
MIKE R