Carrolton Show

To: <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Carrolton Show
From: "Dan Ray" <danray@bluegrass.net>
Date: Sat, 9 May 1998 22:03:11 -0500
Just got back from our 160 mile round trip up to Carollton. We had a blast
driving up along the Ohio River in the morning mists with about 10 other
assorted Brit cars from the Louisville club. We drove behind the club
President's beautiful Jag XK140
and in front of a gorgeous Austin Healey MK3000! Our little B was the "ugly
duckling" of the group and the show, but it was probably one of the more
"original and unrestored" (read: lots more work needed) of the 50 or so
grouping too! The car ran like a champ, cruising happily at 65+mph without a
hitch, even the trunk and map lights
decided to work again to show its contentment at being put to proper use
after its 1 month hiatus. ;)
Oh, and the ANSA sounds great. Quite quiet in cruise mode.
I met fellow lister Ed McCarrol, kilt and all, and checked out his Lotus 7
(which one the "other" category)
The weather even cooperated.
All in all a great day and the Scottish gathering was excellent --
definitely recommended to all for next year, same date and location.
Cheers!
Dan
'73 B