Spring(s) Fever

To: MG Listserver <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Spring(s) Fever
From: Chris Attias <cattias@cats.ucsc.edu>
Date: Mon, 11 May 1998 09:22:15 -0700
The rear springs on my '64 B are looking a little tired, and I was thinking
of replacing them with new stock type, but I have two questions:

*Are the springs for banjo axle and Salisbury axle cars interchangeable?  I
know they have different part numbers and use different mounting kits-per
Moss--how are the mountings different?

*If they are interchangeable, is there any point to using 7-leaf springs
rather than 6-leaf?  Firmer ride, greater ride height with the 7s?

I'm resisting lowerin the car, since I have 14x6 Panasports with 185-70-14
tires, and body clearance is an issue.  Thanks,

Chris Attias
'64 MGB