Re: Sunroofs

To: mgs <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Sunroofs
From: Douglas McKinnie <mup1dm@surrey.ac.uk>
Date: Tue, 12 May 98 11:50:16 +0100
Someone said
>> Ok, I'm really not trying to be a smartass, honest,
>> but isn't the object of a GT to have a cozy, cool
>> looking B that doesn't leak?

I must figure out where that heater drain tube is, because
every time I drive my GT in the rain the passenger gets
wet legs. Anyway, I think the operative phrase in the above
sentance is 'cool looking' because driving a GT around in
the summertime is hardly cool in temperature.

In my car I could probably gain from some insulation on the
firewall, floor and tranny tunnel. I suspect that either
the heater air ducts or the innards of the heater box have
disintegrated and I am not getting the airflow that I might.
I haven't managed to fix the vent windows or rear windows so
that they will stay open at speed. Nevertheless, between the
'greenhouse' effect and the heat coming from the engine (a
complaint even of roadster drivers) there is quite a lot of
hot air to evacuate.

Most of the GTs that I see on both sides of the pond have
the cloth sunroof. I've pondered whether the required bits
to fashion one could be salvaged cheaply from a junked
Fuego or LeCar.

Douglas McKinnie