Re: New MGB GT Owner ( Shorter)

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: New MGB GT Owner ( Shorter)
From: "Jon Årikstad" <jon@nextel.no>
Date: Tue, 12 May 1998 16:18:56 -0700
I may mix up:
I have tested a few cars lately, but NOT 'my GT'. Some of them may have
made the sound I was thinking of.

It will be sold with Norwegian MOT, and it's not in Oslo. Just talked to
the VfPO
( VfPO= Very friendly Present Owner). He said that the only noise from
the rear end, comes
 from the fact that my ears are 20cm from the differential (and the
ground) No whining.
 Will check oil. (I am still trying to lower the price)

Re: O/D speedo cable 18 inch longer.
I thought that the turning/rotation speed of the wire/cable was the
thing, not the lenght ??

Also new question.
There should be a switch, so it's only possible to use the O/D in 3rd
and 4th gear.
Is it possible to install it on a non-OD car. Where should it be
mounted. ?

Engine:
A bit of noise ( banging, sort of ) from the lower parts(?) at startup,
according to another
friend of mine. Went away after oilchange. Also has probably been very
hot, thats why the
cylinder-head needed a rebuild, we will see. A bit of smoke, carbs need
adjusting according to
Harald( VfPO)

More questions later.
Will keep you informed.

Non-LBC:
Beer
ca 40-50 Nkr for 1/2 liter(~one pint), ca 7 USdollars ?

Mike wrote:
hehe - we're still trying to get them to spell "colour".....

Who are they, (and who are we / which side should i be on ?)
How do they ( we??) spell it

Jon Arikstad
jon@nextel.no
Member of ' Norsk sportsvogn klubb'