Re: A Friendship is Born...

To: "Skye Poier" <skye@hoth.ffwd.bc.ca>
Subject: Re: A Friendship is Born...
From: "Dan Ray" <danray@bluegrass.net>
Date: Tue, 12 May 1998 17:54:14 -0500
Skye:
Congratulations! You've finally found your car! They certainly DO "talk" to
you, don't they? Just don't let her sit too long! "Punkin" (or Critterhole)
seems to break herself if she sits too long without attention -- definitely
a jealous "female"! ;) (no offense, ladies)
Remember, though, wax won't make it shiny if the paint is dull. You'll have
to "cut" the paint with a good polish first! If it's not too bad, try a fine
polish first, not rubbing compound. But if it's really oxidized...Rubbing
compound or, like me, use Turtle Wax "Color Back" -- it works really good
but is a chemical polish not abrasive, so be careful.
I assume you've checked all the safety stuff (brakes and lights), and it
runs well (new plugs and points are cheap insurance)...put a few miles on
her before you take that long trip! :)
Dan
'73 B
NAMBGR # 8-3588