Re: compression readings above sea level

To: "mgs@autox.team.net" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>,
Subject: Re: compression readings above sea level
From: "Andrew B. Lundgren" <lundgren@iname.com>
Date: Tue, 12 May 1998 22:10:03 +0000
On Tue, 12 May 1998 17:26:50 -0400, ENRIQUE CLAURE wrote:

>Hello MG people, I was wondering, if measuring car compression at sea level
>and at high altitud say like Pikes Peak in Colorado will give same values? I
>was told that measuring at higher than sea level will give lower readings?
>any comments? Enrique

I don't know how it affects it, but I am in Aurora Colorado, and I get 135-140
on all
four cylinders.  ('70 B with 81k miles)  It seems possible that with the lower
air pressure
at the higher altitude you could get lower compression because less would be
sucked in on
the intake, but I don't know if that would be enough of a factor to tell the
difference.

Andrew Lundgren
Lundgren@iname.com
http://www.itwest.net/~lundgren