New MG Owner

To: MGS <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: New MG Owner
From: "Jon Årikstad" <jon@nextel.no>
Date: Thu, 14 May 1998 10:19:47 -0700
I know, only tech. stuff but....
Haven't received my GT yet. Some details, and then Norwegian MOT.
(EU-kontroll).

Of course the electronic ignition 'things' broke down. 'Things' because
it is old,
spare parts not obtainable. Back to original MG mechanical distributor.

Electronic ignition ?? Pro and cons ?? 'Lumenition Electronic Ignition
Kit(s)' from Moss,
are they worth the price ??

Of course I will have to drive the car, and get in contact with other
MGB owners in Oslo,
Norway.So I still do not know if the various sounds I heard on my GT are
normal. I think
that the body is sound, but I may be in for some mechanical surprises
??.

BTW there is a garage in Oslo, new I think, claims to be 'expert' on
MG's
Mail me for details. Just talked to the guy, know nothing more.

Sorry, but I really want to do some driving, instead of theese mail
lists.

Jon Arikstad
jon@nextel.no

(+47) 9305 5447