Re: missing at 2500 to 3000 and greater

To: <MGS%AUTOX.TEAM.NET@mvdns1.mv.Unisys.COM>
Subject: Re: missing at 2500 to 3000 and greater
From: PHILIPPE TUSLER <TUSLER@mp050.mv.unisys.com>
Date: Fri, 15 May 1998 15:16:50 -0700 (PDT) (22:16 UT)
I have found that an accumulation of dust combined with moisture will
lead to arcing.  On occasion, I have removed the distributer with leads and
the rotor and washed them with detergent in the sink.  After a good drying,
power returns.  You can lift the hood in a dark garage (with the door open!)
and look at the running engine.  Be careful not to stick your fingers in
the fan, nor to fondle the plug wires too dearly.  You may see some arcing
going on.  This is also a good way to see the condition of the generator
brushes.  If there's too much illumination coming from the end of the
generator, it's time to renew the brushes and have the rotor(?) turned.

*Philippe Tusler - Mission Viejo, CA     | "MILOU"    '57 MGA Roadster *
*                                        | "TINTIN"   '66 MG/MGB-GT    *
*InterNet: Philippe.Tusler@Unisys.Com    |  N/A       '88 ISUZU Trooper*