Re: missing at 2500 to 3000 and greater

To: "mgs@autox.team.net" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>,
Subject: Re: missing at 2500 to 3000 and greater
From: "Andrew B. Lundgren" <lundgren@iname.com>
Date: Fri, 15 May 1998 21:40:50 +0000
On Fri, 15 May 1998 12:59:17 -0700 (PDT), john peloquin wrote:

>Coincidently with the rain we've been having here in SoCal, my 70 MGB-GT
>has begun to misfire at the above mentioned rpms or greater. This results
>in a very disturbing hesitation etc.
>
>My hypothesis is that I need to replace my distributer cap and or rotor
>and or points and condensor.
>
>ALternatively maybe my fuel filter is clogged and I need a new one?
Is it happening on cylinders from both carbs or just one?  (limited to
cylinders 1,2 or 3,4?)  If so look at the carbs also.  I had a partial fuel
block
in the line from the float to the jet.  It caused the EXACT same problem.
I found which carb was not getting enough fuel by wrapping it up to about 3k
and the spraying ether by each carb.  With the carb that was not getting enough
fuel there was a noticable difference.

Andrew Lundgren
Lundgren@iname.com
http://www.itwest.net/~lundgren