Adjusting mixture with cleaners on

To: mga@ffwd.bc.ca
Subject: Adjusting mixture with cleaners on
From: bk996@freenet.carleton.ca (Eric R. Stephen)
Date: Mon, 18 May 1998 08:34:11 -0400 (EDT)
***********************************
Good morning all:

I seem to be having some trouble leaning out my mixture.  Tune up is
complete mixture was adjusted and carbs synchronized. Put on the K&N's and
the car is now running rich.  I've turned the adjustment nut clockwise two
flats each so far and have not noticed any appreciable change in the rpms
when lifting the pin.  Should the air cleaners make that much of a difference?

Eric

--
         ' ' '          Great is the truth and mighty above all things;
      (  o   o )        It endureth and is always strong;