Re: It RUNS!!

To: steveb5815@edgenet.net, mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: It RUNS!!
From: richard.arnold@juno.com (Richard D. Arnold)
Date: Mon, 18 May 1998 09:54:32 EDT
On Monday, 18 May 1998 at 09:03 Steve Bettencourt wrote:

>This was a good weekend for my '79. It drove down the road under its
>own power for the first time in 10 years. ... The only bad part is, I
have
>no excuse for not painting the house now (driving around doesn't
>count).

Steve, Steve, Steve....

Tweak, test drive.
Adjust, test drive.
Set, test drive.
Measure, test drive.
Tune, test drive.
Compare, test drive.
Etc.....
And, of course, you must give it a regular drive of at least fifty miles
(in one trip) on a *weekly* basis -- just to keep the seals in shape, of
course....  This prevents the necessity of simply *pretending* to make an
adjustment that needs to test driven.

Not that I'd ever suggest that.

Nope.  Not me.

Unless it was a really nice day for a drive.

Heck, with the infinite number of setting on the carb(s) alone, you can
put off house painting for years!

BTW, Congratulations!

Rich