Hot Running

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Hot Running
From: Carl Mole <C.Mole@tees.ac.uk>
Date: Mon, 18 May 1998 16:19:47 +0100 (BST)
I thought I'd sorted out all the problems with the '78 GT,
BUT, going for a run this weekend in some of the best
weather we've had for a while (HOT) showed up another
problem. Driving normally had the temp into the middle of
the gauge, but soon as we hit traffic and were moving
slowly the needle was near the red, electric fan kicked in
but the needle was still 3 quaters of the way up the gauge.

When back on the open road the needle was back down to just
over half way.
Is this normal? I've only drove the car up-till now in cold
weather.
Should I flush the cooling system etc?

Carl Mole
C.Mole@tees.ac.uk