Re: Breakage

To: WSpohn4 <WSpohn4@aol.com>, mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Breakage
From: Jim Carlile <j_carlile@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 18 May 1998 16:28:22 -0700 (PDT)

---WSpohn4 <WSpohn4@aol.com> wrote:

> Hey guys,
>
> <<Doing some research for a Team project.  The question is, have you
> every had an MG suspension component fail, while the car was being
> operated?  What broke?  Why?
------------------------------
Never in 250,000 miles. That just doesn't happen. The car would have
to have been completely neglected in order to do so-- like, bolts
never tightened, or never a lube job. But even then?? Not with normal
driving. The parts themselves last that long, though not happily.

I've only had three road breakdowns in 24 years: one due to my
ignoring a frayed low tension lead, one due to my ignoring ancient
clutch hydraulics that had been warning me for years by their
disinclination to want to put the car into reverse, and one due to a
clutch that failed because it had trained at least a dozen people in
how to drive a stick and just couldn't go on.

All were my own fault. British cars are a piece of shit? I don't think
so.

Jim
74B