Re: Judson supercharger

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Judson supercharger
From: Keith Wheeler <keithw@sand.net>
Date: Mon, 18 May 1998 16:30:56 -0700
Charley Robinson wrote:

>The plain truth is that any supercharger is going to shorten the life
>of the engine.  How much?  Depends on how much more power the blower
>gives you.  Pull more power out of any given engine by any means and you
>shorten its life.  How much?  YMMV.

Very, very true.  I've considered a supercharged 1275 for my Bugeye?
Why?  I've never built a supercharged engine.  It'd be fun.  More
power?  Sure.  Long life?  Out of a blower motor?  I wouldn't build
it for that.  If you want MG, lots of power, and long life, go for an
MGB V-8.  A blower A/B series motor is not an inexpensive go fast solution.

-Keith Wheeler
Team Sanctuary                                  http://www.teamsanctuary.com/