Big Drive, Little Car Part II

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Big Drive, Little Car Part II
From: Greg Kaufman <gregk@infolane.com>
Date: Mon, 18 May 1998 21:07:15 -0700
Hi Everyone,

Well, Reid and Mark are continuing to do their part for British Car Week
big time as they continue their cross-country drive to deliver my MG
Midget. Mark tells me the bug count on the windshield, excuse me,
windscreen is up by 35 percent.

Today was pretty uneventful except for a slight fuel boiling problem when
going uphill in 90 degree weather. The guys found a perfect fix however.
After lunch they bummed some tinfoil from the waitress and wrapped it
around the fuel line next to the fuel pump. That appeared to do the trick.
I love high-tech fixes! Reid tells me the car purred at 65 MPH with no
vibration and they covered 5 states, West Virginia, Ohio, Indiana, Illinois
and Iowa for a total of 657 miles. He said the weather was clear and
beautiful with rolling hills and farmland for scenery. A true cruise
through America's Heartland.

Mark says it looks like they may hit a little thunder activity tomorrow as
they head for Wyoming, their next target state, so the top will go up. They
are preparing for tomorrow's drive by feasting on "The Worlds Greatest
Nachos" according to the restaurant and Guinness beer tonight. I guess
that's okay, I haven't heard of lightning striking a Porta-san yet.

On a closing note, Reid and Mark wish to extend their thanks and gratitude,
as do I, for all the offers of support, lodging, good wishes, and in one
instance beer, along the way. I pass along your messages in my nightly
telephone conversations with them.

These generous offers only verify my belief that sports car owners,
whatever the marque are truly a breed apart, kindred spirits in Castrol and
unpredictable adventure.

Until tomorrow night, keep it safe.

Greg