Re: brake dragging/replacing wheel cylinder

To: <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>, <karim.marouf@cancom.com>
Subject: Re: brake dragging/replacing wheel cylinder
From: "Dan Ray" <danray@bluegrass.net>
Date: Mon, 18 May 1998 23:27:51 -0500
As for those clips -- the only thing I think we figured out was that
patience and time are the key - unless someone figured out the proper magic
tool, which I missed.
FWIW, I found it was easiest to fit the clip half-way over the mounting hole
first, push the cylinder through, then slide the two opposing "teeth" into
the groove on the cylinder. Then you'll have to fiddle the third (middle)
"tooth" into the groove with a screwdriver or pliers or something, and
possibly a few GENTLE whacks with a BFH.
Of course, a healthy sanity break every 5 minutes is a good idea during this
process. :)

Dan
'73 B