Re: Old Speckle Hen Beer

To: Lawrie@britcars.com
Subject: Re: Old Speckle Hen Beer
From: nevardc@sky4.bskyb.com
Date: Tue, 19 May 1998 15:27:35 +0000
Lawrie

Not sure what that will be in 'F'?
 - OK somewhere between the temperature of Bud and that of red wine - unles=
s=20
of course in the US you chill your red wine as well;-)

Chris Nevard
spridget@mgcars.org.uk
nevardc@sky4.bskyb.com
http://www.mgcars.org.uk/midgetspriteclub
 ----------
From: Lawrie@britcars.com
To: Nevard, Chris
Cc: mgs@autox.team.net
Date: 19 May 1998 15:11

Chris.....

The only problem with the advice you gave is that, in the States, all beer
is consumed at one or another degree F, not C. Most of us OFs haven't a clu=
what a degree C means in the real world, and to have to convert numbers
before sitting down to a beer rather takes some of the fun out of it!

Indeed, when I lived in England, real beer was always consumed in degrees F
there too, so I don't know what these CAMRA people think they know about th=

Of course, those were the days when a good pint cost one-and-six,  so maybe
the world is passing this OF by altogether!

Lawrie