Re: Old Speckle Hen Beer

To: <nevardc@sky4.bskyb.com>
Subject: Re: Old Speckle Hen Beer
From: "Lawrie Alexander" <Lawrie@britcars.com>
Date: Tue, 19 May 1998 06:58:52 -0700
Chris.....

The only problem with the advice you gave is that, in the States, all beer
is consumed at one or another degree F, not C. Most of us OFs haven't a clue
what a degree C means in the real world, and to have to convert numbers
before sitting down to a beer rather takes some of the fun out of it!

Indeed, when I lived in England, real beer was always consumed in degrees F
there too, so I don't know what these CAMRA people think they know about the

Of course, those were the days when a good pint cost one-and-six,  so maybe
the world is passing this OF by altogether!

Lawrie