In quest for a $100 B/GT

Subject: In quest for a $100 B/GT
From: Tyson Sherman <tsherman@tecinfo.com>
Date: Tue, 19 May 1998 22:15:45 -0500
Today I took a trip south to buy one of the "Cheap MGs in southern
Mississippi" David Deutsch informed the list about.  The owner (John)
had a 74 1/2 B/GT and a 76 Midget.  The B/GT was complete but hasn't run
in a number of years.  The Midget engine was rebulit but not
installed... engine & gearbox were available.  Neither car was badly
rusted enough to warrant parting out; the Midget had better paint but
rust at the front fenders.  The GT has a little rust on the fenders &
door skins, but the floors are perfect (even under the carpet), and the
sills were strong enough to support the car on the factory jack.

I bought the GT for $100.  It's all there & with air conditioning.  74
1/2 model with dual Su's, air conditioner (dunno about the condition),
and front anti-sway bar.  It has a back seat as well.  The interior
isn't in terrible shape, but it needs all-new trim.  My main concern was
that it was complete.

It's gonna make an interesting project indeed.  If anyone wants info
about the midget, e-mail me.  By the weekend I'll have pictures of the
GT on my page.

--
Tyson Sherman
http://www.tecinfo.com/~tsherman