Demonic Possesion

To: MG List <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Demonic Possesion
From: Jason Sawyer <jason.sawyer@ibm.net>
Date: Tue, 19 May 1998 22:40:36 -0700
This sounds really dumb, but I think that my 79 B is possessed by Satan.
Every time I get something fixed, something else breaks! First, I
replaced by master cylinder and found out that my alternator was bad. I
replaced the alternator, and now the battery looks bad. I just spent the
day screwing with the battery, and the car rewards me with losing the
gauges and turn signals. To top it all off, the motor mounts are worn so
bad that the pulley rubs against the frame of the car, wearing out belts
and causing unpleasant noises and smells.

I knew that the car had alot of electrical problems when I got it, but
that's OK, I can fix those. Its the mechanical problems that are
draining all of my energy. I am just running out of time and money to
work on this thing! I just want to drive the damn thing!!!

I'm seriously considering pulling the engine and having it
professionally rebuilt once and for all. Maybe I'll replace the one
that's in it, as it isn't the correct engine anyway. Does anybody have
any idea how much these two options will cost me? If I can't get it
fixed soon, I'll be forced to sell it. I really don't want to do that,
but I just don't have the time or the money to work on it EVERY night!!

Sorry for whining, I just had to vent some frustrations. I thought that
this would be better that putting that alternator through the
windshield.

Jason