carpet snaps for battery cover

Subject: carpet snaps for battery cover
From: Joseph Cianciotti <jmc987@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 20 May 98 08:12:35 -0700
How exactly does one fasten the snaps to the battery cover mat? Do you
cut away the carpet and/or padding where it rolls under (since the Moss
carpet doesn't have a finished edge)? I assume these are the same type of
snaps as on the rubber floor mats you see the top half of the snap's ring
pressed into the carpet. Is this correct?

I know these are odd questions, but Lindsay Porter's book just glosses
over it and I can't see it in any of the pictures in Clausager's book.
Thanks in advance.

Joseph
67 B Roadster