Re: Sports cars and "Sporty" cars

To: "Chris Kotting" <ckotting@iwaynet.net>, <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Sports cars and "Sporty" cars
From: "Robert Allen" <boballen@sky.net>
Date: Thu, 21 May 1998 11:30:51 -0500
The SO drives a '95 Z28. I can't imagine anything a stock MG could do that
the Z28 couldn't do 20 to 60+ mph faster (with the air on and the stereo
blasting a Springstein tune).

Everything about the Z28 is quite sporty, thank you. I can't imagine any
objective criteria that our stock LBCs would surpass a modern, purpose built
car. Hell, on the track, Barney could whip most of our asses tillering a
minivan!

We just like our LBCs as they are anachronisms from an earlier era and there
is great pride of ownership in that our simple minds and tools can keep
these simple cars on the road.

Get over it, Boys and Girls.

Bob Allen, Kansas City, '69CGT, '75TR6

From: Chris Kotting <ckotting@iwaynet.net>

>So, it seems to me that true "sports cars" are somewhere between a pure
>race car and a coupe that handles well and/or can go fast.
>
>The Camaro/Firebird/Mustang don't qualify because by the time you make one
>competitive, it's no longer a street vehicle.  (Unless you want to count
>SCCA Solo II, which also has classes for Station Wagons and Minivans!)  ;^)
>
>>I have an on going argument with the guys at work. I insist that the
Camaro,
>>Firebird and Mustang are properly called sporty cars or sport sedans. A
sedan
>>can not be a sports car, no matter how fast it is. Alas, even General
Motors