British Car week in Illinois

To: drded@ix.netcom.com, mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: British Car week in Illinois
From: Mowog 1 <Mowog1@aol.com>
Date: Thu, 21 May 1998 23:10:28 EDT
Yo chaps!

Brit Car Week.....1998

Sunday (5/17).....Full page write-up in the local newspaper along with four
COLOUR photos (including yours truly and the MGC) giving the Champagne British
Car Festival some advance publicity. (This year we have a James Bond
theme...Lotus is featured marque). Check out our website at:
www.prairienet.org/community/clubs/cbcf/homepage.html
Drove the Pathfinder to the CBCF planning meeting because of all of the boxes
of car show related items I had to take. Hotter than hell....appreciated the
air conditioning but missed having the top down! Changed oil in the MGC....No
oil leaks!

Monday (5/18)....Drove the MGB to work....Changed oil in transmission that
evening....what a pain in the rear! (First time I've ever done it "in
situ"....engine/transmission has always been out of car before!) Discovered I
didn't have enough Castrol left after MGC engine and MGB transmission changes
to change MGB engine oil. Topped off shocks (30wt motorcycle fork oil),
checked steering rack.

Tuesday (5/19)..Had major meeting at work...90 degrees outside...opted for the
300ZX for the benefits of A.C. (I know...whattawimp!) Bought new case of
Castrol at Autozone.

Wednesday (5/20)...Drove the MGB to work. Still hot outside. Had the top down
all day....enjoyable trip home.

Thursday (5/21)..Drove the MGB to work....Helped local club member attempt to
fix her MGB (she did most of the work as I was still in "dress clothes" ..
kinda like being shoppe foreman!)...electrical problems...starter/solenoid. No
luck...needs starter repair.

Friday (5/22)..Planning on changing oil in the MGB...CBCF #7 begins....will
have both MGs in Champaign. Rain predicted.

Saturday (5/23)...CBCF continues...will have both MGs in Champaign. Rain
predicted.

Sunday (5/24)..Carshow for the CBCF. WIll drive the Pathfinder to Indy to
watch the guys make high speed left hand turns. Rain predicted. Will return to
Champaign to party with the local members upon the conclusion of Indy/CBCF.

Only a few more weeks to MG '98 in Hagerstown!

Cheers!

rick