Re: Price for quality paint job?

To: mhartwig@cbu.edu (Mike Hartwig)
Subject: Re: Price for quality paint job?
From: Nory@webtv.net (Nory)
Date: Sat, 23 May 1998 19:47:34 -0400
--WebTV-Mail-1434277029-798

Hey Mike,
 Do you live near me?  I've got a prep/paint job for ya!

-NORY

Don't assume that because you have found one problem, you have found the
ONLY problem.

 '71 5-speed Midget (my new baby)
 '74 Midget & '71 parts car
 '94 Ford Ranger
 '86 Ford Escort
 '89 Ford Probe
 '96 North American Shepherd
 '94 Tigger Cat/Wheel Chock

Car pages and other stuff:

Home Improvement Homepage:
http://www.angelfire.com/ny/nory

NEW Legal / Law Enforcement Page:
http://members.tripod.com/~nory

--WebTV-Mail-1434277029-798

Date: Fri, 22 May 1998 13:16:39 -0500
To: Andy Ramm <aramm@concentric.net>, mgs@autox.team.net
From: Mike Hartwig <mhartwig@cbu.edu>
Sender: owner-mgs@autox.team.net

Is he stripping the paint or you?  That's actually the hardest part of the
job.  I just got finished last night putting the clear coat on my B.  I
spent about $200 on supplies (paint,primer,clearcoat,and reducers) of
course I am using DuPont Urethanes.  Your GT will take a bit more.
Actually I was using an HVLP gun so I was able to get 2 coats of paint with
1 qt!  Another 20 hours of wet sanding and bondo work (I had quite a bit of
damage).  Figure $15/per hr conservative. I'd charge min $650.  If he does
stripping i'd get closer to $800-$900.  That price  would come down quite a
bit if you used acrylic paints.  Hope that helps

Mike

At 08:39 AM 5/22/98 -0700, you wrote:
>I have found a painter for the GT that seems to be very
>trustworthy and his price is probably not out of line.  But
>just for a reality check, what would you expect to pay for a
>bare metal paint job including filling the dings, dips and
>dents?
>
>Thanks,
>
>Andy

--WebTV-Mail-1434277029-798--