Re: Greatest Sports Car of all time?

To: F Crocker <jafcjr@presys.com>
Subject: Re: Greatest Sports Car of all time?
From: Ben Ruset <bruset@home.com>
Date: Mon, 25 May 1998 01:37:21 -0400
>At
<<http://www.historychannel.com/sweeps/poll.html>http://www.historychannel.c
om/sweeps/poll.html>  a poll is being
>conducted by "The History Channel" to find the "Greatest Sportscar of
>all time".
>
>None of the twenty-five choices is an MG.  NONE.  There is a reader
>comment box that we can flood!

>1960s Ford Mustang

Rusty, underpowered engine mated to a horrid 3 speed transmission. REAL
sporty.

>1950s Chevrolet Bel-Air

WHAT??? A 5 seater??

>1950s Ford Thunderbird

Maybe, if it wasn't so damn long.

>1960s Pontiac GTO

Sports coupe.

>1960s AC Cobra 427

Hmm. Tough call on this one! =)

>1970s Plymouth Barracuda

Yuck! Horrid styling. Glass rear window the size of a tank at Sea World...

>1970s Datsun 240Z

Nice cars. I'd rather have the beer cans they were made from!

This list seems to have been made by someone who looked through the "Big Book
of Automotibles" and picked the flashiest cars out of the bunch. Come on - the
Thunderbird has _NEVER_ been a Sports Car,

BEN RUSET - ICQ # 10364973

http://members.home.com/bruset

The MGB Haven & MG Cars Webring

http://members.home.com/mgbhaven