Matters of taste

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Matters of taste
From: WSpohn4 <WSpohn4@aol.com>
Date: Mon, 25 May 1998 15:39:00 EDT
<<"This is the coolest car I have ever seen go
right in and thanks for choosing this field so I could see it". Must of
been the Brit Flag paint job on the boot lid.
Safety Fast,
David Deutsch>>

I thought you were kidding about that tasteless paint job, and then realized
that you were serious, and that you apparently like it as well.
Maybe I've just seen too many poor LBCs sullied by questionable decor.
A guy at our local All British Field Meet had a Daimler SP 250 with the most
garish Union Jack paint job all across his lovely cast alloy Turner designed
engine. He noticed me staring at it in disbelief and made the mistake of
asking what I thought.
I told him that the normal response of anyone looking at an SP 250 isn't to
wonder where it is from, but to wonder what the hell it is!
At least their styling makes my Jensen CV8 (and just about anything else, for
that matter) look good by comparison.

Bill S.
Lots of cars, no Union Jacks