Re: Tail light & Silicome fluid

To: <AKBLACKLEY@aol.com>, <bmahoney@home.com>
Subject: Re: Tail light & Silicome fluid
From: "Jim Carney" <carney_fam_ark@email.msn.com>
Date: Wed, 27 May 1998 14:18:54 -0500
Andy,
I tried silicone for the first time in my 64 B. I heard a long time ago that
silicone would compress when it got hot, and was always leery(sp?) about it.
I like the idea that it doesn't eat paint & won't attract moisture though.
Since I'm about to complete a bare tub rebuild of a 62 E-Type, I thought the
B (resurected, but unrestored driver) would be a good place to test the
silicone.
I replaced all the rubber in the system, blew out the lines with compressed
air & flushed it with silicone before bleeding it & buttoning it up.
The good news is that can't tell any difference from before. It works fine.
I'm gonna use it in the E too.
Jim