Re: Overdrive

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Overdrive
From: Harlan Jillson <hjillson@halnet.com>
Date: Thu, 28 May 1998 07:49:58 -0500
Dave, Jerry, anyone else who cares...

   It's been a lot of years,  but my '72GT with overdrive,  when new,
shifted up smoothly and quickly ( as you say Jerry, like an automatic),
and the down shift happened imediatley and smoothly.  It basically felt
like an automatic shifting up and down,  nice and smooth both ways, less
than 1/2 a second shift time.
   If your's is hesitating on the upshift, or feeling harsh or rough on
the downshift, I think I'd start looking at the hydrolics, filters and
such in the OD.
   For what its worth...
Harlan.