Re: Suspension Bushings

To: "Philip Hubbard" <phubbard@carroll.com>, <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Suspension Bushings
From: "David Stecher" <davidandmichelles@email.msn.com>
Date: Sat, 30 May 1998 09:58:54 -0500
Phill,

The tools in the VB Catalog don't fit thesprings.  I have a set if you want
to hang them on your peg board for effect like I do.

The easyest and cheapest way to remove the springs is to put front of car on
jack stands.  then use your floor jack to raise suspension a little bit.
Use a board to span the a-arms.  Remove the four bolts that hold the spring
pan to the a-arms and then SLOWLY AND CAREFULLY lower the jack.  the spring
and pan should just follow your jack right out.    Installation is reverse
of removal.  HA HA.  You might have to adjust the spring when you put it
back in.  put in one pan bolt. Adjust the spring. Put in another.  I used a
large pry bar for spring adjustment and the help of a friend.  He adjusted
spring with pry bar while I put in bolts.   Good Luck.

David Stecher
Urbandale Ia
'73 BGT