Re: Undercoat removal

To: "Calvin Krug" <ckrug@laf.cioe.com>, <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Undercoat removal
From: "Jim Carney" <carney_fam_ark@email.msn.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Jun 1998 01:59:51 -0500
Calvin,
I used a heat gun I picked up at a hardware store. It was intended for use
removing paint from woodwork. Heat the undercoating pretty hot & it comes
right off. A little practice & you'll figure out the right amount of heat.
Too much & it smears around, too little & you have to work too hard. Wear
gloves. If you use enough heat to make the job easy, you'll blister your
fingers without gloves.
When you're done with the heat gun, use laquer thinner or Prep-Sol to clean
up the residue.
Jim