Re: LBC NDC (Near Death Experience)

To: "doug russell" <dr-doug@classic.msn.com>,
Subject: Re: LBC NDC (Near Death Experience)
From: "Jim Carney" <carney_fam_ark@email.msn.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Jun 1998 01:53:12 -0500
I quit when I heard the sound of gas splashing on the ground. I guess I got
about a half gallon in the boot. It disolves old trunk crud pretty well!
Folks were looking at me kinda strangely as I emptied my trunk rapidly on to
the filling station driveway: New top, new tonneau, top frame in new bag,
new tonneau frame in new bag, extra jumper cables, spare tire, jack &
knockoff hammer.
After using a bunch of their blue paper towels to clean up the mess, I
bought a $2 screwdriver off the rack & fixed the problem.
I took the screwdriver out of the wrapper & told the kid I'd pay for it
after I filled up. I also explained that I'd filled his trashcan with
gasoline soaked paper towels. He just stood there with his mouth open & a
glazed look in his eyes.
When I went back in to pay for the gas & screwdriver, I told him again about
the trashcan & suggested that he empty it before somebody with a cigarette
came along. I could see the light of recognition come on when I said the
whole place could go up in a bang.
He was headed out with a new can liner as I left...
Jim