Re: Help again- need a cam, update

To: Bill Eastman <william.eastman@medtronic.com>
Subject: Re: Help again- need a cam, update
From: Chuck Schaefer <crschaef@mc.net>
Date: Sun, 31 May 1998 22:18:07 -0500
Bill,
I have purchased an MGA cam for my roadster rebuild from Northwest
Import parts. They are here on the web at:
http://www.classicar.com/vendors/nwimpprt/NIPCONT.HTM
Last Fall I paid $49.00 plus $60.00 for the core. They charge $10.00 for
any lobe worn more than 0.020". My core was fully refunded. Haven't had
the car running yet but don't expect any problems. I just looked, and
the regring is now at $55.00. They have a street grind for $69.00.

I replaced the cam with a regrind during the rebuild on my MGA coupe
about 10 years ago with no problems since.

No financial interest etc. yada yada yada.....

Regarding the rockers. I replaced the rocker shaft also. I found the
wear to be through the case hardening. Also don't forget to inspect the
rocker arm bushings. Mine were essentially gone!.

Chuck Schaefer
56 MGA Roadster (undergoing a long and enjoyable restoration)
61 MGA Coupe (my runner)

Where is the best place to but a cam?  Moss wants $200+ and VB has a