Re: Still stumped (was rough running midget part)

To: robert weeks <robert@woozy.com>
Subject: Re: Still stumped (was rough running midget part)
From: Paul Hunt <paul.hunt1@virgin.net>
Date: Mon, 01 Jun 1998 20:46:37 +0000
robert weeks wrote:

> Now I really need some help from the list!
>
> On Friday night my '69 Midget started stalling on the highway like it was
> starved for gas, sort of like the the fuel pump was cutting in and out.
> After a few minutes of this (long enough to get off of the highway) the car
> died, wouldn't start, and had to be flatbedded home.

You don't say if you have checked for a spark when the car won't start - you
should.  If
the car cuts out while running then I would tend not to suspect the carb (the
black smoke
when it finally does start being just a product of all the unburnt fuel after
all that
abortive cranking).  It could be the coil has an internal disconnection when it
warms up,
reconnecting again when it cools down.

PaulH.