Re: simple Anti- theft device

To: "Webber, Geoff" <gwebber@dow.com>
Subject: Re: simple Anti- theft device
From: "Glenn Minucci" <gminucci@paxr.veridian.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Jun 1998 10:43:38 -0400
You could disconnect the cigaret lighter and place a small push button
switch at the bottom of the recepticle, then disconnect the negative coil
wire and run it to one side of the switch, the other side of the switch runs
back to the coil.  You can then push the cigarette lighter in to open the
circuit (disabling the coil) or to reclose the circuit (giving the coil
power).  A switch could be hidden anywhere for that matter.  Some of us like
to plug in our radar detectors.  This is a simple anti-theft device which
will disable the car.